Saturday, December 10, 2011

Unserious Job Interviews as a Hobby

I just thought it'd be a cool here-and-there hobby or pastime. You set up a job interview for a job you don't really give a rats' ass about, and you have fun acting crazy or wearing demented clothes or whatever, just to laugh at how serious people are all the time.
Case in point: have you ever left a message on someone's phone machine, and then you hear the robot chick go something like : 'to re-record message, press blah blah, if you are satifisfied, press yadda yadda' and you end up playing around with the record function and using it almost like a toy? Well I confess I once made a bunch of demented noises on my friend's machine (well.. the level of things before it went to machine, or so I thought). I also practiced my speech for getting jobs (as I was job hunting then) so I'd say shit like "hi I'm looking for a job...bblablabla call me at suchandsuch #.' So I was sure I erased all that crap when I was done with it and hung up. Somehow it didn't erase and they actually called me for a job (my friend's dad had a contracting business and I dunno if he knew it was me on the mssg, or if the 'demented noises' person was different from the 'job wanted' person! You'd think he'd recognize my voice or that it was the same for all the recordings!?)
So the point is, unserious job interviews are just for a laugh and shitting around, but you might get offers for a job you might want after all, hahaha. Also, you could work things from the other end, put up bullshit hiring ads and see who'll actually respond!

What planet is this #%%#@ guy from?

Ooh! Pick me pick me!

"Ehhm..final question. What size of bra do you wear, and what color are your panties? Uh..why are you looking at me like that, don't you want the job?"

I just want...to be a penguin for a living. A computer generated penguin.

I'm on drugs, and I'm not smiling