Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dreamchasing Again

So another odd dream came about, I'd say quite Lynchian actually. My good friend owned a farm on the outside of town, yet lived in a house totally separate more inside the city. It was a hobby farm of sorts and infrequently visited. We had to take possession of one of the ponies there and relocate it, maybe because the farm was being sold perhaps? Since we both were car-less and without licenses, there was plan to take a sort of cargo taxi and get the pony that way. My friend's mother was remarking how the pony would probably be too skittish and end up hoofing us. As well, my friend only had some oversize honky cowboy belt as a leash and not a proper lasso. We took a cargo cab to the farm. It was gloomy, maybe twilight, a bit crisp out. Some apple trees were nearby and a good number of the apples fell on the ground to rot. By using our great animal charming powers, we managed to get the pony into  a green wheelbarrow and then into the taxi. The fare was becoming astronomical as we were taking some time to do this.


Then we were driving on a strip of road going down a large hill, cutting through mixed valleys with sort of strip mall/surburban/wild scenery. By this time night lights were showing.  I nudged my pal and told him to check out the sights. He was like "naww, I live around here, I see it all the time." But then there was a building on fire, blazing away into the evening air. I more urgently was trying to get him to look. It's as if I woulda had to hit him with a shovel for one little look! He eventually gazed over and was like "WHOA! Fire!" I was like, yeah, no shit! We kept driving. It was getting close to paying time and he paid his share, then I realized I had no cash only debit. The taxi driver said only credit cards and cash were accepted, for whatever dumb reason. I pulled out a credit card from my old leather wallet and it was cut in half. My realization was that it was an old card I somehow bothered to cut but not throw out! So then I was thinking of making the cabbie stop by a bank so I could make a withdrawal! Either that or pick up some credit card I left with somebody at  a bar. Sometime around there the dream ended. I'm not sure how I'll end up chasing this dream in real life. I did just call said friend and he wasn't there...was out at some board game night somewhere. Do we have to find some farm with ponies and go there together? Maybe take a taxi to get there? I s'pose, dreamchasing, as with anything, gets easier the more one tries it.

By Blackhawkrocket on DeviantArt