Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dreamchaser



Dreams are strange things, yet can be very helpful. In the least, they help us sort out extra noise in our heads while we sleep. To use computer lingo they are kinda like a defragmentation of the mind. In more mystical pursuits, dreams can be seen as divinely inspired or revelatory. Have you ever thought of chasing your dreams? What that phrase could mean would be something like: winning the lottery, becoming a doctor, traveling to New Zealand, that sort of stuff. 'Dreams' as in things we aspire to or hope to experience. I do encourage that sort of dreamchasing, but in this piece here the type of dreamchasing discussed is a LITERAL following of the dreams you had while sleeping, or at least to the best of your ability as translated in 'real world' form. It is done almost as a sport or hobby just like parkour, kite flying, football. You find some aspects of your dream that are familiar, and 'chase' them. The idea is that our inner self knows best and holds many answers, and sometimes one of the best ways to mine gold from our inner self is via dreams. By chasing them in the 'real' world, we make progress in living.

For example, I had a mishmash of weird dreams the night before last. I couldn't remember details, but it was almost like the details were trying to distract me from an important name that came to me: Ralph Houzan. I almost forgot the name several even before waking. I wrote it down as soon as I awoke, and if I hadn't done that I surely would have forgotten. I mean, Ralph I might have remembered, but Houzan was too unusual. So how would I choose 'chase' this dream? If it were say 20 years ago, I'd be checking a phonebook or something, maybe find a real Ralph to stalk, haha. In this age a simpler way is to do a web search. I wasn't expecting anything much, or anything pointing to obvious meaning. What I found were many links for cool shit regarding throwing blades and the art heretofore. Ralph Houzan doesn't have to be a person, maybe just a name to trigger the search.
For images, I found more throwing blades ...and race cars. I suppose Houzan seems to be a Japanese name. Coolness. Alright, so how do I chase further?

 
searching for meaning...Japanimbos included
It's important to dissolve as much ambiguity as possible and not lose focus. Dreams are already vague or multifaceted to begin with. So maybe I shouldn't bother about page 1000 on a search kind of deal. The biggest impression is the throwing knife shit and race cars. Maybe it means I have to learn to be faster and more precise. That's more in the realm of how I would interpret the stuff if it were still in the dream though. However, this stuff was not in the dream, it was resultant from keywords or a name from the dream. So I have to be a bit more material and literal. Maybe it means I should take up rally racing or knife throwing or something like that as a hobby. Maybe it means I should contact my friend who lived in Japan a lot of his life. I also think the links to these following sites stand out as most interesting at a quick glance:
http://23narchy.com/archive/11/2009?page=8
http://flyingsteel.com/links/
It's a lot easier to dreamchase when you dream about something or someone you know exists and is close to you in your life, ie if I were in the downtown square of my city in the dream talking to an old man, for the dreamchase I'd actually go there and try to speak to some old dude and find some truth towards something. I'm still chasing..