Sunday, February 3, 2013

SUPER WEEK is comin' up (February's week of everything) ..

It's coming up, that's right. It kicks off with Chinese New Year on Sunday the 10th- The Year Of The Snake. I don't always really believe in astrology, but last time around the Year Of The Snake fucked me. So here's hoping I can make things a bit better this time.



Also on Sun the 10th The Walking Dead series returns for another run. I have this huge list of 'it' shows and awesome TV shit to check out but I'm still stuck on my list of 50's B-movies, so it's going to take awhile. By the time I get caught up, a zillion other series would have been invented by then. But yeah, I like zombies.

I dunno, these ribs are not tender and a bit dry

On the 11th of Feb it will be Japan's Foundation Day and Edison's Birthday. You know Thomas Alva Edison right??!? This mofo dropped out of school (like so many awesome people) and invented like everything. His most famous invention being the light bulb. He laid it down solid, you know?


Then, on the 12th it will be Abraham Lincoln's Birthday, and Mardi Gras. Abe's another important American figure who changed the world (I mean along with Thomas Edison). I think I'll probably watch Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and then go to the Mardi Gras festivities and eat gumbo and shit.


Lincoln's long black funeral train. It was said after the original countrywide train ride to transport Lincoln's body, people saw ghost versions of the same train. Ooh!

Also on the 12th Tales To Thrizzle Vol. II comes out. If you don't know Tales To Thrizzle (or anything else) by Michael Kupperman, GET IT GET IT GET IT! Or at least find a copy to borrow. He makes the zaniest wittiest weirdest comics. If it's good enough for Conan O' Brien...


On the lucky 13th it'll be Ash Wednesday. And some more cool people will have their birthdays, like Henry Rollins:


Then of course, ugh, there's Valentine's on the 14th.

Wait, lemme replace that with a better pic..


Oh yeah, and don't forget a giantass asteroid makes a near miss with our planet...



So yeah, SUPER WEEK should be interesting because a lot of stuff's going to happen, all of the above and more!