Tuesday, July 19, 2011

WHITE ROOT BEER/HEATWAVE/BUG INVASION

Today I got some pretty authentic organic/fairtrade/blabla yadda rootbeer but when I poured it out of the bottle turns out it was WHITE. So this day will go down in history as the first time I've tried white root beer. It was frothy and quite good. I believe this was the brand: http://www.maineroot.com/
If you check it out before they change the site, you will note a scary fat guy in the main picture.


Mind you, I have this awesome shit in a bottle already to get me my rootbeer fix, Zatarain's rootbeer xtract.. http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Root%20Beer%20Extract.aspx
This stuff is only a few bucks, and it's not syrup but rather xtract. You pour it in a vessel and add syrup or sugar or honey or any sweetener you please in any amount, then add fizzy water. Stir vigorously and there's yr root beer. One bottle of this xtract can make like 55 bottles of rootbeer!! The way I make it is with mineral water and white sugar, and not a ton of sugar either. It tastes considerably better and more wholesome than yr average fountain root beer. So I said to myself I'd just get my rootbeer that way....but once in a while I'll try another kind of rootbeer to give it its trial, which is how I ended up trying the white root beer. See, I am a drink connoisseur or sorts (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).


It seems as if this town has been hit with a disgusting heatwave and when I was at the record shop the vinyl was practically turning to pools of tar. Ha! The one owner guy was barely cognitive, his brain was sizzling up.
I thought of using this to my gain and getting two CDs I really wanted for the price of one, but in the end I didn't want to take advantage of the poor chap.


While I was outside of the health crap store where I had purchased the white root beer, I sat down and had a bita goat milk ice cream to beat the heat. For those who have never tried, it's not as gross as it sounds.
Then I realized I was lying up against these strange plants cracking up through the asphalt parking lot. They were covered with dead bugs, or half alive ones in some cases. I got all these weirdass bugs on my arms and had to brush 'em off. It's like the plants were natural insecticide or something. Lately there have been
lots of ants in places I've been in, and people are going crazy trying to kill 'em. I think it's a psychological thing more than anything. People love these pristine environments to hide from the garbage and dirt in their souls.
Really, ants do nothing as far as I know. Unless maybe they are carpenter ants which can weaken wood in a home (like with termites) or Pharaoh ants, which can infest food and spread sickness. There may be some other kinds that may do a bit more damage than just run around. Fire ants or army ants can do a good job of kicking people's asses and making them miserable, in rare cases dead. Man, ants have all these cool titles and names. Anyhow people shouldn't be chicken about the small stuff. 


     


Here are some people I noticed living in the foam inside my bottle of white root beer.........