Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BEFORE I HIT...

photo by Denis Darzacq
I remember, it was a sunny day. The sun hid behind the clouds quickly. There was lots of concrete, lots of it...everywhere. The tallest skyscrapers, what were they scraping the sky for? Remnants of heaven? Like scraping for peanut butter at the bottom of the jar once it all almost runs out. I was on one of these skyscrapers. I remember flying, and the ground coming up way faster than I had imagined it would. Such a roar in my ears, a quick flash in time, no time to think important grandiose universal thoughts and no time for goodbyes. Then a jaw smashing feeling, a caved in face, all in a millisecond (any longer and I bet it would have hurt for centuries...) and then nothing. Nothing at all. Void. But I can still remember it happened somehow. I think a crowd gathered around for my reception too.